Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Painting and Out of Town Trip

Since the weather has turned cold and the outside chores are all done, I decided it was a good time to work on my bedroom project.  On Monday I got three of the walls painted in a nice shade of green and yesterday painted the fourth wall in a color called Oklahoma Wheat.  With all the furniture moved away from the walls, it was the perfect time to wipe down all the baseboards and give the room a good cleaning.  Now I need to decide which of my photographs I want to put back on the walls and then the project will be completed.  I'll post a picture of the room when I get everything back in place.

While I kept busy painting, John worked on the wood pile cutting, splitting and stacking more wood.  He also worked on organizing his new shop and moving some of his tools from our attached garage.

After such a busy couple of days, we decided it was time to relax and headed out of town to Grand Forks.  We arrived around noon, so our first stop was Culver's for some lunch.  From there we hit Michael's and Bed, Bath, & Beyond.  As we were driving down the street to Sam's Club, we saw a brand new Hobby Lobby and just had to stop.  John and I spent the next 45 minutes wandering through the new store and found some artificial flowers we thought would look nice with the new paint in our bedroom.  Our next stop was Sam's Club with a final one at Cabela's back on the Minnesota side of the Red River.  On the way home we made a stop at Subway for a couple of subs for supper and ate them in front of the TV while we watched Survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...