Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rainy Day

John and I took advantage of the nice weather yesterday and cleaned the porch, getting it ready for winter.  We vacuumed the carpet, getting rid of the many ladybugs that had congregated there over the past few days.  John also brought in the grill and removed some furniture, wind chimes, and other little items and stored them in the old shop.  One thing about closing Uniquely Wood, we now have a massive storage facility.  We are waiting for a frost to finish off the flower beds and that looks like a strong possibility for tonight.  A freeze warning is in the forecast.

I had been having trouble with a flareup in my autoimmune system which caused extreme itching and burning in my eyes.  I wasn't getting any relief with the drops I had from the doctor, so bright and early this morning John and I headed to Bemidji and the Walk-In clinic.  It didn't take too long to get seen and I got a prescription for a steroid that should help calm the inflammation.  I see my arthritis doctor in a little over a week and, hopefully, he should be able to shed some light on the problem.  After we left the clinic, we stopped at Country Kitchen for breakfast and then made a stop at Walgreen's to pick up my prescription.

Since it rained all day, we were pretty much housebound this afternoon.  We did spend a few minutes down in the shop recounting some of the wood and box inventory for possible sale and then just vegged out watching college football and working on the computer.  We just finished watching the four OT win of Penn State over Michigan.  It was sure one exciting game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...