Thursday, March 18, 2010

John went off alone for a walk this morning. I decided it was best to rest my knee and not try walking any distance for a couple of days. I really miss taking a walk in the morning and getting out in the fresh air and sunshine.

After breakfast John went over to Metcalf's to hang some towel bars in their bathroom and to give a final try to solving their outdoor electrical problem. The towel bars were a success, but he conceded defeat with the electric. Stan needs to call in an electrician. While John was gone, I did a couple of loads of laundry and sorted out some photos on the laptop. I also received a phone call with the results of the x-rays I had taken on Tuesday. The nurse told me I have bone spurring in the knee along with joint degeneration. The spurs can also cause tendon inflammation. She told me to keep wearing the brace and to take Tylenol. I would have to go to an orthopedic doctor in San Antonio for injections into the knee. I called my own doctor up north and the plan is to make an appointment with him, bring him a copy of the x-rays, and he will determine what needs to be done. The only bad part of this is that we will need to leave Texas about 2 weeks earlier than we normally would leave. I need to get this resolved as we are heading off to California the later part of May.

This afternoon was visitor time. Dave and Valada dropped in for a visit. We haven't seen them for a couple of weeks so it was fun to catch up on what they have been doing and all the latest news from Unit 37. We were outside just seeing them off, when Stan stopped in for a chat. While Stan was here, our neighbor Richard came over needing to use a telephone. Seems his cell phone went bad and he needed to contact his provider and also needed to contact his sister concerning a family emergency. It was like a three ringed circus around here for a bit.

Tonight was wood carvers again. John went off to pick up Tim and I settled down in the recliner to rest my knee with an ice pack. When John got home we finished up the evening watching the NCAA Basketball games. March Madness is in full swing and I'm sure we will be viewing every game we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...