Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today the warm, sunny weather returned--it turned out to be one beautiful day. This morning I gave walking a try. I put on the knee brace and John and I headed out along the golf course. I didn't walk very far before the knee pain returned and I knew I would have to stop. I returned to the house and John continued on with his morning workout. While John was walking, I made up a fresh fruit salad to take to a noon meal we were attending. After breakfast, John headed into town to get a haircut and I got ready to head off to Del Rio for Weight Watchers.

There is a group of people who get together and walk every morning. Gene Bevins decided to have the "walkers" get together for a meal. He provided venison and hamburgers, and everyone else bought a dish to sh
are and a chair to sit on. The meal was held outside at Chuck and Lois's place in Unit 37. (John and I don't walk with this group. We were invited because Gene wanted us to come. Thanks Gene!) John drove the golf cart over to 37 and I joined him there after I got back from WW. The day was just beautiful and everyone enjoyed sitting outside in the warm sunshine and cool breezes.

After we returned home, Mary Ellen stopped over for a little visit--we sat out on our deck and again enjoyed the beautiful afternoon. John and I were suppose to be going on a little get away with Tim and Mary Ellen this weekend, but with my knee being so painful and me unable to do much walking, we had to cancel out. She stopped by to let us know that she was able to cancel our hotel rooms without having to pay a penalty. We were very glad to hear about that.

When supper was done, John asked if I wanted to try and take a little walk. I rested my knee quite a bit after we got home this afternoon, so I put the knee brace back on and we started off at a very slow pace. The knee was still painful, but we managed to take a short walk around the block. It felt good to get in a little exercise. We ended up the evening watching some TV and working on the computer. Hope to get the results of my knee x-ray tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...