Sunday, March 14, 2010

When we started off on our morning walk, the sun was just starting to come up. That's one of the problems when daylight savings time first returns--walking in the semi-darkness. We were just about half way through our route when my knee suddenly became very painful and I was unable to walk. John continued on home, got the golf cart, and gave me a ride back to the house. Once home, I applied heat to my knee and after resting it for a while, was able to limp around. While John was getting cleaned up, I put the finishing touches on a salad for Tim's birthday party, and then got myself ready for Sunday School and church.

Tim's party was he
ld on the patio of the golf course's club house. Mary Ellen supplied the main course while everyone brought a dish to share. There was a lot of good food and good conversation. After the meal, we were divided into teams for a treasure hunt. Everyone was given their first clue and then headed off in golf carts to find their other clues that would lead them to their treasure. The members of our team really knew their way around the fort, so we had no trouble finding our clues and were the first to return with the treasure. I have posted some photos of our treasure hunt--looking for a clue, reading the clues, and finding the treasure. It was a great time and everyone had a lot of fun.

Shortly after we got home late this afternoon, Ralph Ramsey called and invited us over for a camp fire along with Dave and Valada and their guests. I needed to put heat on my knee and keep it elevated for a while, so I decided to stay home. John went over and visited for an hour or so. My knee is feeling much better--can't figure out what is causing such pain and then it suddenly goes away. I think I might try to get an appointment with our family doctor in Uvalde to see if she has any suggestions as to what I should do. Time to get to bed and try to make up for that lost hour of sleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...