Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This morning was very cool and cloudy--almost felt like winter had returned to our area. John decided to skip his morning walk as I had to be in Uvalde for a doctor's appointment at 10:45 a.m. Tonight was the RV potluck, so I made a casserole before we left. All I had to do was pop it into oven when we got home and it would be ready to take.

I feel my appointment went very well and that I now have some ideas on what to do. The doctor told me she thinks the pain in my knee is from inflammation--the cushioning in the knee is wearing out and possibly there is also some bone on bone. She ordered an x-ray just to check things out and to make sure there is no new damage in the knee. John and I went over to the hospital where they took me in right away and got the x-ray. Hopefully I'll get the results tomorrow or Thursday. I was told to wear a knee brace when walking and take Tylenol. Before we head home to Minnesota, I am going to make an appointment to see my knee surgeon in Bemidji. There is a new synthetic drug they can inject into the knee that will help form a new cushioning in the knee. He had told me about this before and I think now the time has come to look into it further. I was told that it can buy you more time before having major knee surgery.

After leaving the hospital, we headed to Wal Mart and picked up a knee brace along with a few groceries. We got home in plenty of time to bake the casserole and get ready for the potluck. Tim and Mary Ellen picked us up and we headed off to the RV park. As usual there was plenty of good food with most of us eating more than we should. A good crowd stayed after dinner to play our regular game of 31. Both John and I made it to the final hand in two games, but lost. John spent the remainder of the evening catching up with Rush while I started my new mystery from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...