Friday, February 24, 2012

A cold front came through overnight with very strong winds making today about 20 degrees cooler than yesterday.  When we checked around the outside of the house this morning, we saw quite a few branches lying on the ground and our wooden Adirondack chair flipped over and off the deck.

Our original plan for this morning was to play a round of golf.  However, it was pretty chilly, so we decided to wait and play after lunch when it warmed up a little.  John spent some time working on the mirror frame he's making for Sam Lark while I took care of some household chores.  After lunch, John dropped me off at the library while he went to get a haircut.  I had a couple of books I needed to return and wanted to check out a something new to read.  We made a quick stop at the post office before returning home and then headed off to the clubhouse.  I don't know if it was the cooler temps that kept the golfers at home, but there was only one other player on the course with us.

We were just finishing up our golf game when Tudi called and asked if I wanted to go to Bingo this evening with her and Nancy.  I had about an hour before they would pick me up, so John and I finished up the hole we were playing and headed on home.  Even though we didn't win this evening, we had a good time.  John spent a relaxing evening watching a couple of his favorite Friday night TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...