Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our beautiful weather continued today.  The temperature was 60 degrees when we left the house this morning for our walk.  It sure felt good to leave the gloves and winter hats at home.

Following breakfast, John headed down to the clubhouse for golf with the men.  He played with a couple of long ball hitters and his group ended up two under par.  John had a little trouble with his drives off the tee, so this afternoon he went to the driving range to get in some practice.

Wednesday is Weight Watchers day, so I was off to Del Rio for a meeting.  I also hit the mall for some new shoes--the pair I had left down here over the summer completely fell apart when I wore them the other day.  Don't know if the heat dried out the rubber sole, but they are beyond repair.  I finally settled on a nice pair I found in JC Penny's.

My next stop was Wal Mart to pick up some CD discs and envelopes for Mary Ellen along with a few grocery items.  The final stop was HEB for some fresh produce.  As I was leaving the store, John called and asked if I wanted to play some golf when I got home.  I told him "Yes" and that I should be back at the fort in about 40 minutes.  

We like playing golf late in the day as there are only a few people on the course and you can take your time.  I had a pretty fair round again, but John had a rough start but improved toward the end.  

My favorite show "Survivor" starts again this evening, so that's what we'll be watching this evening along with American Idol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...