Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It was warm enough this morning that both John and I could wear shorts for our walk.  We had a beautiful warm, sunny day here in Texas.  Spring has definitely arrived--the Mountain Laurel is blooming and the trees are really beginning to bud.  Today we talked to a lady who said the hummingbirds are back.  They stop here for awhile before continuing their northward journey.


After breakfast, John went down to the clubhouse for the men's nine hole scramble.  There was a large turnout and John played with a couple of golfers he hadn't played with before.  His team ended up two over par.  When he returned home, he worked on the mirror frame he is making for Sam.  The frame is finished; however, help will be needed to lift the mirror into the frame and anchor it.


I went to Del Rio late this morning for my Weight Watchers meeting.  Following that, I stopped for some lunch, gassed up the Honda, and made a quick stop at Wal Mart for a few grocery items.  My final stop was Gold Star, an exterminating service, to make an appointment for our yearly inspection and also to make an appointment for them to come out Friday and take a look at our ant problem.  Cutter ants keep building nests near our foundation and we would like to get rid of them permanently.  Hopefully Gold Star will be able to treat the ground around the house.

John and I played a round of golf after I got home--not the best I've ever done.  Right now I'm having a hard time connecting with the ball and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  

We spent the evening watching Survivor and a few other favorites before calling it a night.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...