Thursday, February 23, 2012

It felt like summer today with the temps reaching the upper 80's--a perfect day for golf.  John, Rodger, Gene, Richard, Tim, and Lloyd piled into Richard's van and headed off to Uvalde after breakfast to play golf on the course over there.  They stopped for a quick bite to eat at McDonald's and then headed to the course.  John said that course was more difficult than the one here on the fort with water hazards and much deeper rough.  They divided into two teams of three with John, Rodger, and Gene playing together--they won their mini tournament.  The guys stopped for some supper before heading back to the fort.

 Rodger, Gene, John (the winners) Richard, Tim and Lloyd

I took advantage of John being gone all day to get caught up around the house.  The laundry had piled up and there were a few stacks of stuff that needed attention.  I got all the laundry done, bed linens changed, and the stacks sorted and put away.  Now I'm free to do as I please for a few days.

John went to wood carvers this evening after he got home and I watched American Idol.  All my favorites are moving on--should be a good season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...