Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Another Busy Day

John and I managed to get a walk in this morning even though the forecast was for showers.  We never did get any rain, though the clouds were in and out most of the day with very pleasant temps.

After breakfast, I had an appointment for a haircut at Sara's.  Since I didn't drive the new car yesterday, John had to show me how to adjust the seats and what a couple of the buttons and dials did.  We both still don't how to adjust the rear-view mirror, so we need to read more of the owner's manual this evening.

When I got home, John left to haul a load of metal cabinets and other items to the landfill.  While he was gone, Matt and Sam arrived.  We had a wooden swing and slide set in our backyard and, since the kids are no longer using it, we decided to donate it to the church.  The guys dismantled it and then loaded it onto a goose-neck trailer Matt had hauled down to our place.  John arrived just as they were loading and then they came in the house to visit for a bit before hauling out our big, old TV.  Since the land-fill was still open, John hauled the TV off--it's nice to have that gone and now we have a nice flat screen one in the livingroom.  Direct TV is coming on Friday to hook up HD.

I spent most of my day trying to bring some order to our home office and working on the finances.  I let them go while traveling and haven't had a chance to get them caught up.  Today was the day for that.  A good amount of time was also spent on the phone with Direct TV trying to negotiate a better price and finally, after several calls, I was victorious.  

This evening I finally got around to labeling my photos for the fair which starts tomorrow.  Wednesday is entry day and John and I are scheduled to start at 4 p.m. to help set up the art work for Thursday's judging.  Tomorrow is going to be a pretty busy day. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...