Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fair Entry Day

John and I were up early and managed to get our walk completed by 7:30 this morning.  During our walk we had to watch out for the big dump trucks with tandem trailers that were dumping new gravel on our road.  The deep, loose gravel made walking a little harder, but also gave us a more strenuous exercise.

First thing this morning I started a loaf of bread to enter in the fair.  It takes approximately two and a half hours to run through the dough cycle.  When it was done, I took it out of the machine and found the dough ball to be very small in size.  What was wrong?  Then it hit me--I forgot to put in the yeast.  So, I started a second loaf and made sure to add all of the ingredients this time.  Only problem, I was cutting it close to have it ready by the time we needed to leave to help take entries and set up the Original Arts building.  After the bread finished baking, I had to set it out on the porch so it would cool fast enough to cut in half (can only display half a loaf), place it on a paper plate, and wrap it in a plastic bag.  I was successful and now my bread is entered in the fair.

This morning John, Jo, and the kids came down to get some of our strawberry plants.  John is going to redo our beds and since Jo wants to start one, he helped her dig up some of ours.  While they were here, JD hooked up our new Blue Ray player--still needs a little tweaking, but we have to get a different cable before all will be set up. 
John went up to their place and helped plant the strawberries and ended up staying for lunch.  

Around four we loaded up the truck with all our fair projects and headed into town.  Today was perfect weather for working at the fair and we were very busy helping folks with their entries.  Once the deadline for entries was past, we spent the rest of our time hanging photos, oil paintings, and setting up other displays.  We finally returned home a little after 10 p.m.  Needless to say, we are both pretty tired.  Tomorrow I head back to Pain Management for my second injection.  I need it after all the physical work today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...