Monday, April 15, 2013

We woke up to an additional 6-8 inches of heavy, wet snow.  The driveway and road were once again covered, so we now have a very sloppy road and driveway.

After doing some snow removal, John worked with JD down in the shop this morning helping with some assembly.  I developed red, itchy eyes over the past couple of days and decided this morning that I wasn't suffering from allergies, called the clinic, and got an appointment with my eye doctor.  Since we weren't sure what the roads would be like, we left ourselves an hour to get there.  It was slow going on the gravel road, but once we reached the main highway, we had good roads all the way to Bemidji.  We arrive about 20 minutes early for my appointment and I only waited about five minutes before being called in to see the doctor.   He confirmed my suspicion that I had something other than an allergy--I had picked up some sort of virus and, since it can't be treated with antibiotics, will have to run its course which could be as long as two weeks.  I wasn't happy to hear that as the itching is driving me crazy.  On the good side, he prescribed some eye drops with a small amount of steroids which he told me should give some relief and make me more comfortable.

After leaving the clinic, we headed to BK for some lunch, got my prescription filled, and stopped at Wal Mart to pick up a display folder for Sam to use for his science fair project.  We dropped the folder off on our way home and while there, picked up a CD of this past weekend's basketball games.  Following supper, we watched the games again and then watched more of the news about what was happening in Boston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...