Thursday, April 11, 2013

We had another cold snowy day.  It's been quite a while since we have seen the sun for more than an hour or so and this weather pattern is forecast to continue through next week with more possible snow storms.  John and I really miss the sunny days of Texas.

John kept busy by working in the shop this morning while I did some cleaning in the house.  I hadn't done any dusting since we've been back so today I decided to attack the five month buildup of dust.   I'm use to cleaning only a few pieces of furniture, and now, with a bigger house, it takes a little longer to get the job done. 

After lunch John ran the pickup truck into town to get it checked out and the oil changed.  Once it warms up and the frost starts coming up out of the ground, our gravel road will be pretty muddy.  It's already got several sections with many potholes, so we'll need the four wheel drive to make it to the highway.  I've enjoyed watching the birds at the feeder and today spied a different visitor who was hogging all the seends.

 
We are leaving at noon tomorrow for a two day church basketball tournament to watch Sam and Hanna play, so I'll be taking a couple of days off from my blog until Sunday when we get back home.  Hopefully the snow in the forecast will miss us and we'll have good weather for traveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...