Friday, July 22, 2011

John and I got up nice and early for our walk--this was our first one in quite a while. The temps and humidity were just too high for walking to be enjoyable.

We were both very busy today. John worked down in th
e shop for a few hours this morning and then worked on the lawn mower, changing the blades and oil, and then mowing lawn. I finished stripping off the last of the wallpaper (thank goodness that's done!) and then taped around the cabinets in preparation for painting.

John and I just sat to eat lunch on the porch when the guy arri
ved to measure the kitchen counters for new counter tops. The way they take the measurements today is quite different from years ago. Ted placed strips of paper with dots all over the counters and walls. He then took many photographs of the strips. He said the photos are fed into a computer and somehow it measures the counter tops, figures for any crooked walls, and makes all sorts of adjustments. Then it prints out a template and the counter tops are made. Our delivery date is August 15th.



Notice the strips of dots on the front of the counter
and along the top of the blacksplash

I had to wait for Ted to finish before I could get on with my painting. I managed to get both a first and second coat on, ending up late this evening. At first I thought I would do one coat today and finish it up tomorrow, but I decided to just get it done tonight so I could clean the cabinets and get the kitchen put back into operating mode tomorrow. Ripping off the old wallpaper raised quite a bit of dust and the inside of the cabinets are pretty dirty, so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...