Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Our heat wave continued through today with thunderstorms and downpours interspersed with sunshine. We are suppose to get some relief from the heat this weekend--highs in the 80's rather than 90's.

John and I were up and out bright and early to head up to Sara's for haircuts. When we were done, Hanna came back to the house with us so
I could help her get her photos ready for the fair. I have quite a collection of frames, mats, and glass, so she was able to get all her pics framed and ready to show. While she was working on her photos, I matted and framed the ones that I had printed out yesterday. I ordered some enlargements of my favorites and will have to wait for them to get done before I can get them matted and framed. Then I will have everything ready for the fair.


John putting backing on one of the frames


Hanna labeling her pictures



Hanna with her photography

We boxed up Hanna's pictures and then I drove her home where I waited until she changed into her bathing suit and dropped her off at the town pool where Sara had taken Sam and Rachel for an afternoon of swimming. There was still a little time before supper, so I removed more of the wallpaper between the counter and cabinets. Just a little paper left above the cabinets to get down, and then that part of the project will be done.

This morning John helped Matt cut up a pine tree that had blown over in our pastor's yard. He then hauled that wood home and stacked it in his new woodshed. Even though it was hot outside, John did a little weeding in the garden and installed the new battery he bought yesterday for the four wheeler. In between jobs he came in the house to cool off before heading outside again. This evening we relaxed inside watching several TV shows and doing some work on the computer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...