Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We had thunderstorms overnight which dropped about three quarters of an inch of rain.  Since the ground was so dry, there were only a few puddles as most of the rain water was absorbed into the dirt.  It was still overcast when we took our walk this morning, but by the time we returned home, the sun was burning off the fog and the temps were on the rise.

This morning I headed up to Sara's for a haircut while John unloaded his compost barrel with it's batch of new dirt.  When I got home I laid down for an hour or so to rest my back some more.  The mornings seem the most painful and if I can rest it, I feel much better by the afternoon.  Hopefully I'll be back to normal in another day or so.

John did some more lawn trimming this afternoon as well as picking more cucumbers.  We should have enough for another round of pickle making tomorrow.

I did manage to get outside to photograph the lilies blooming by the front porch.  With the warm temps, the blossoms only last about a day and then they wilt and drop off.  Last summer it seemed the blossoms lasted at least a week.

 
We just checked the weather on the internet and tonight's lows are forecast to be in the upper 50's with a high tomorrow of only 69 degrees.  Looks like we'll be able to give the AC a break for at least one day before the heat returns on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...