Sunday, May 9, 2010

This morning dawned bright and sunny but with a very heavy frost. Our temps reached 27 degrees last night and everything was coated with white. Our Flowering Crab Apple trees were very close to blooming so I'm hoping the buds were not destroyed. By this afternoon it was plain to see that the dandelions survived the cold temps.


After our walk this morning I took my camera and headed back down to the pond where I saw several pairs of ducks. It looks like they are nesting in the reeds, so I think they are "home" for the summer. There was also a male Mallard swimming around, but I'm not sure he's here to stay. The pond was nice and calm this morning so I took some pictures of my favorite lone tree. This tree use to have another by it's side, but it did not survive the grass fire we had several years ago.



Following breakfast, we got cleaned up and headed off to church. Matt had a special meeting afterward so Rachel and Hanna came home with us for lunch and stayed until Matt was finished and could pick them up.

The rest of our day was pretty quiet. John did a little more cleaning up outside and we watched the finish of the Players Golf Tournament in between telephone calls wishing me a happy Mother's Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...