Monday, May 17, 2010

We were up pretty early this morning. John was working with Matt today and had to be at his house by 7:30 a.m. Matt wanted to get an early start since they had to install railing on a large elevated deck as well as the stairs.

I was on my own for exercising today. I grabbed my MP3 player and listened to music while I walked. Found out I keep a slower pace when by myself. John has a much longer stride so I have to walk faster to keep up with him.

While John was working today, I did some laundry and other regular Monday chores. Sara called and told me her garage sale is going to be this Saturday, so I spent some time getting things around and priced.

After supper, John and I worked in the garden and got the carrots, onions, and potatoes planted. The tomato and broccoli plants will have to wait until this weekend when we get the fence back up around the garden. If we put the plants in without the fence, we're sure they'll get eaten.


When we finished up in the garden, I again walked around the grounds checking out our trees. The Flowering Crab Apples are just about in full bloom. In another day or two they will be absolutely beautiful. We are certainly enjoying our second spring season. John ended the evening watching the Suns and Lakers while I watched Law and Order.




1 comment:

  1. Is that a back brace dad is wearing while working in the garden?? How's the back doing? You're not overdoing it, are you dad???!!!

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...