Wednesday, May 19, 2010

This morning was another early one. While John was getting ready for work, I took my morning walk. I am trying to increase the distance and shorten the time it takes to walk it. Clearbrook is having a 5K walk/run next month as part of their centennial celebration and John and I thought we would like to walk in it.

Today John and Matt started on a new job. The first part of the job is re-shingling the roof. After that is finished, they will start an addition to the house. John runs the lift which they use to get the shingles up to the roof and then he cuts shingles and generally gives Matt whatever help he needs. Here is a photo of the lift and Matt up on the roof.


My day was rather quiet. I did some more laundry and just about finished getting everything ready for Saturday's garage sale. I headed off to Weight Watchers late this afternoon and by the time I got back, John was home. We had a quick supper and then he went to cut some grass. With all the rain we had last week, and the warm, sunny days this week, the grass is growing so fast. John was mowing down by the pond where the ground is very soft and got the lawn mower stuck, so we had to get the four wheeler to pull it out. John also got the tomatoes planted tonight--that completes the garden for now unless he feels like putting something else in--he still has a little room left.

We ended the evening watching some TV and working on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...