Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This morning we were up nice and early again. John had to be at Matt's by 7:30 a.m. so he didn't have time for a walk. I walked to the highway and back with our neighbor's little mutt to keep me company. She joins me as I pass their driveway, sees me back to our place, and then returns home.

John and Matt finished up the job they had started yesterday. From there they went to rent a little Bob Cat which they used to excavate the ground for the addition they will be building next. Since they had the Bob Cat for 24 hours, Matt brought it to our place where he and John moved some dirt so they could put in a culvert to make a road into our back fields. The usual path to the fields is too soft from the overflow water from the pond and can't be used. When he was done, Matt took the cat to his place to move some rocks and do other clean up work.




My big adventure for the day was a trip to the dentist office. It was time for a check up and teeth cleaning. Good news!! No cavities!! I don't have to go back for another six months. Going to the dentist is not one of my most favorite things to do so I was glad for the good report.

After supper, John started to work in the garden. He decided to take a chance and put in the broccoli, egg plants, and cucumbers. He got everything planted but the tomatoes when his sister dropped in for a visit. We hadn't seen her since we got home from Texas. She lives about 70 miles northeast of us and comes over this way ever six weeks or so to get her hair done at Sara's salon. It was good to see her again and we had a nice visit catching up on family news.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...