Saturday, January 15, 2011

Even though the cold misty weather continued today, we managed to get our walk in this morning. After breakfast, John attended the monthly board meeting where he gave a report for the Planning Committee. It seems we will be getting a new restaurant on the fort which will be opening down at the golf course some time in February. It'll be nice to finally have a place to dine right here on the fort.

Since we couldn't be outside this afternoon, John did some more wood carving and I continued on with my Kindle book. Tim and Mary Ellen picked us up around 3 p.m. and we headed off to Del Rio to see the movie, True Grit. Westerns aren't my favorite, but this one had a good story with some humor and I really enjoyed it. From there we stopped at I Hop for supper and then hit the road back to Brackettville. We all enjoyed the movie and meal.

John and I spent the remainder of the evening watching the Green Bay Packers and the Atlanta Falcons. Since our beloved Eagles are out of the playoffs, we are now cheering for the Packers. This will make a couple of our grandsons very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...