Monday, January 17, 2011

Today it has been one year since I started doing this blog. My goal when I started was to write something everyday--I'm proud to say that I have not missed one day during the past year. This is a real accomplishment for me as there were some late nights when I didn't feel like writing anything, or our day was simply boring. I considered not continuing with the blog, but I have gotten my "second wind" and have decided to commit to writing everyday for another year--we'll see how it goes.

Now for our day. Cold weather returned for the morning, so we once again had to bundle up for our walk. Monday is wood carvers, so right after breakfast, John headed over to the RV park to meet with his carving buddies and began working on his new project--a snowman.

I spent the morning cleaning up around the house and catching up on some emails and other computer work. John arrived home a little earlier from carvers as we had a 1 p.m. tee off time to play a best ball scramble on the big course. We met four other couples at the clubhouse, divided up into two teams of five, and hit the first green. I was playing with Wes, Wally, Bee, and Natalie. Wes was by far our best player, and thanks to him, our team won the scramble. I was rather nervous about playing with people I hadn't played with before, but I think I did pretty good holding own with more experienced golfers.

When we finished playing golf, John and I went home for about an hour and then met everyone at Bee and Nancy's for a supper of bean soup, corn bread, salad, and pecan pie for dessert. It was a fun evening with many laughs, story telling, and making new friends. The ladies have invited me to join their Tuesday morning golf game--I think I will give it a try.

After such a busy day, we ended our evening watching a new TV show. Tomorrow already is filling up with activities.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...