Tuesday, January 25, 2011

John was up nice and early for our morning walk. I was still in bed when he mentioned having enough time for our usual 3.5 miles. That immediately got my attention as I was scheduled to play nine holes of golf with the ladies on the big course this morning. The mode of transportation for the day was our own two feet--no golf carts. I told him I wasn't walking that far plus the golfing, so he cut our walk back to our shorter golf course route.

While I was getting ready to go, Nancy Stone called and said it was too cold to play this morning, so we rescheduled for a 1 p.m. tee off time. Since I had my morning free, I made a macaroni salad to take to this evening's RV park potluck. John went to the post office to check for mail and then stopped over to Dave and Valada's for a quick visit. On the way back home he stopped at the club house to purchase a golfing package--nine holes for 12 times. Since we like only playing nine holes at a time on the big course, this was perfect for us. I used one time today and John will use another one tomorrow. He is joining a group of men who also like to play just nine holes at a time.

After lunch I hopped in the golf cart and headed down to the club house where I met the other ladies. I played with Ginny, Natalie, and Mary Jane. The only problem for me was that we had to play the back nine. That is the harder and longer part of the course and I had never played it before. However, I had a good time visiting and got plenty of exercise. While I was busy with golf, John and Gene Bevins when metal detecting. They found a few bottles and some other old pieces of metal at the back of the fort.

Tim and Mary Ellen picked us up around 5:30 p.m. and we headed over to the RV park for the Tuesday night potluck and games of "31". John and Mary Ellen were among the winners this evening so we'll have plenty of quarters for next week. After a very busy day, we spent the rest of the evening watching a little TV before heading to bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...