Tuesday, January 31, 2012

There was fog and overcast skies when we took our walk this morning.  I wasn't sure if the ladies were going to play golf, so when we got back home, I called Leslie and found out the golf was canceled.  With the rains yesterday and fog this morning, the course was just too muddy.  

John headed over to Jan M's house after breakfast to repair the screen door on their porch.  Racoons had pushed out one corner of the screen, so John put it back on and also covered it with chicken wire to deter the racoons.

While John was busy at Metcaf's, I headed into town to the post office, dropped some books off at the library and picked up a new mystery, and then made a final stop at the grocery store to pick up an ingredient I was needing for the casserole I was taking to the RV potluck this evening. 


It started to clear up by mid-afternoon, so John and I decided to play a round of golf.  The course was still muddy in spots, but we managed to avoid them most of the time.  We both played a so-so round.


We got home just in time for me to get the casserole made and put in the oven.  Tim and Mary Ellen picked us up and we headed over to the RV park.  There was quite a crowd this evening--they had to bring in an extra table and chairs to accommodate everyone.  We even had four tables for "31".  I lost both of my games, but John lost one and won one.  It's his first win this winter.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...