Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We were a little later taking our morning walk as we overslept and didn't leave the house until after 7:30 a.m.  The sun was up by then making it a little warmer and very pleasant to be outside.

After breakfast, John headed off to the club house to meet up with the guys to play a best ball round of golf.  There were enough men to make up four teams of four.  John played with Hoagie, Jerry, and Gene--they ended up one under par. 


Shortly after John left, I headed off to Del Rio for my weekly Weight Watchers meeting.  There were almost 30 women in attendance today.  I've never seen such a large group at one of our WW meetings.  I guess with the start of the new year, many have made the decision to lose weight.  Following the meeting, I stopped for a quick lunch, then headed to the mall and the Penny's store.  From there I went to Wal Mart to return some water filters we purchased by mistake and to pick up a few groceries.  It took me longer to return the filters than it did to do the rest of my shopping.  There were two clerks working in Customer Service.  I was third in line and thought the return wouldn't take long.  Boy, was I wrong.  The two people already being waited on took a long time to take care of their returns.  When the first clerk was free, the next lady in line went to the counter to be helped.  The other clerk kept working on paper work after her customer left, then instead of helping the next person in line, just walked away.  I wish I had had a camera with me to record the expression on the guy's face in front of me. Also, by this time there were ten people in line behind me waiting to make returns or to take care of some other business.  I finally got to return the filters after being line for almost 40 minutes.  I found that Wal Mart doesn't carry the brand of water filter we need, so when I finished up there, I headed across the street to Home Depot.  They carried the brand I needed, but had no filters in stock.  So the search for the right filter will have to continue another day.

John told me he had a so so day on the golf course and was having trouble with his drives off the tee.  After lunch he spent some time on the driving range and feels he has corrected the problem.  We'll see if that's true tomorrow.  From the driving range, John spent some time visiting with Dave and Valada S. before returning home.

Our evening was pretty quiet--just watched some TV and did some work on the computer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...