Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We had a thunderstorm in the early morning hours which resulted in some much needed rain.  I'm not sure of the amount we received, but it poured for a little while.  The sky was still overcast when we took our walk this morning, but the rain had moved out.

After breakfast, Tim picked John up and they headed off for the final day of their wood carving seminar.  Last night at the potluck several of the ladies decided they needed a shopping day in Del Rio.  I made plans to meet up with them at Wendy's after my WW meeting.  There were five of us--Ginny, Jeanne, Kathy, Theresa, and me.  When we finished eating, we sat around the table visiting for a bit before heading off to Marshalls and JC Penny.  Everyone found something they just had to have.  I still needed to do some grocery shopping at Wal Mart, so I bid the ladies farewell, and took off to gas up the Honda and restock the pantry.  The gals were planning to stop for a cup of coffee and something sweet to eat, but I didn't think I had enough time to do that and still get my other shopping done.

It was almost 5 p.m. by the time I got home after a final stop at Subway to pick up subs for supper.  John had gotten home about 40 minutes earlier and even though he enjoyed the class and learned a lot, he was glad to have it done.  Carving for three straight days was a challenge.  He has finished the carving part of his project and now has to get it painted.  John will have Becky help him with that when they both have some free time.  This photo doesn't do the his project justice--you can't see all the detail work he did on things like finger joints, fingernails, and feathers.

   
 Chief Limp Feather


We spent some time this evening watching the rest of Sam and Hanna's basketball CD and then a little TV before calling it a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...