Monday, January 9, 2012

This morning was cool with rain as we left the house a little after 7 a.m. to hit the highway to Uvalde.  John and I arrived at the clinic as it was opening and were back in an exam room within 5 minutes. The doctor took one look at me and said "Shingles".  He wrote me a 
prescription for an anti-viral medicine and a Shingles shot.  I now have to take what looks like horse pills four times a day for the next ten days.  The doc also put me on another pill for nerve pain, so hopefully I'll soon be on the mend.

The pharmacy at Wal Mart didn't open until 9 a.m., so John and I ate breakfast at McDonald's, then dropped off the prescription, and did a little shopping while waiting to pick up the meds.  We were back on the road home by 10 a.m.

When we got home, I took the first dose of medicine and pretty much laid low the rest of the day.  It's not that I feel sick, it's more the nerve pain that keeps me down.  John ran a few errands this afternoon and took a quick trip over to the driving range.  We spent the evening watching the Alabama-LSU game and doing some work on the computer.  Hopefully by tomorrow the meds I have taken today will start to kick in and I'll start to mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...