Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It was gloomy and overcast when John left the house for his morning walk.  The clouds hung around most of the morning until they cleared off around noon and we ended up with a beautiful afternoon. 

I was scheduled for my MRI at 1 p.m. and was very concerned about having to lie on my back for the testing since that causes me a great deal of discomfort.  After several calls to the doctor's office, they told me the dosage and times to take pain meds and a muscle relaxer to make the MRI easier for me.  We decided to head off to Uvalde early so we could get some lunch before heading over to the hospital as we didn't know how long the MRI would take.  The technician was very understanding and went out of his way to make me comfortable and even gave me a break between the two sections of the MRI by pulling me out of the tube and letting me sit up for a few minutes.  When I sit up, it's like a switch immediately turns off the pain.  I must say it was rather uncomfortable at times lying in the MRI machine, but the meds made it bearable--now to wait for the results.  I'm anxious to learn what is pressing on the nerves that cause the pain when lying down.  I am improving, though, and for that I am thankful.

When we got back to Bracketville, we stopped at the post office for the mail and then headed home.  John wanted to play some golf as he missed men's golf this morning.  I went along with him since it was such a beautiful afternoon.  I decided to try some putting, so when John got his ball on the green, I dropped mine right along side of his.  I did a pretty good job putting considering I haven't played in over three weeks.  It felt good to move around and get a little exercise without pain.





John teeing off on 5th hole.  You can
see the deer out on the fairway.
 
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...