Friday, December 7, 2012

This morning was overcast with a light mist when John left for his morning walk.  The clouds hung around most of the day as did the humidity.

We left the house right after breakfast and headed over to the clinic in Uvalde where I signed a medical information release form so my x-ray report could be sent to them.  The PA had wanted me to check in as well to let her know how the steroids were working.  I told the receptionist the pain level was still pretty high and I still couldn't be up on my feet more than a few moments at a time.  She said she would talk to the PA and get back to me later in the day.

We needed a few staples such as milk and fresh produce, so our next stop was Wal Mart.  I knew I wouldn't be able to walk through the store, so John got a little wheelchair with a basket and pushed me around.  I must say I felt a little self-conscious being wheeled around but it was interesting seeing the shelves and the store from a different perspective.  

Our final stop was, of course, Wendy's for some lunch before hitting the road back to the fort.  Once the groceries were put away, John went over to the driving range and then played a round of golf.  While he was gone, I got more of the Christmas cards done--hopefully, I'll get that job completed tomorrow.  The clinic called and told me they were giving me a prescription for a stronger pain medication.  John ran into town, picked it up for me, and I took the first pill with supper.  I have trouble with pain meds making me nauseous, so I hope this one will work out and give me some relief.

This evening I experimented with my Kindle and downloaded and watched the first episode of Downton Abby on it while John watched some TV.  I will have to do some more digging on Amazon and see what else I can watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...