Thursday, December 6, 2012

John had another beautiful morning for his walk.  While he was gone, I slept in for an extra half hour.  
 
Our original plan for the day was to head over to the clinic in Uvalde first thing this morning so I could sign a medical records release form for my x-ray reports from home to be sent down here.  Since we were running a little late, we decided that plan had to be put off until tomorrow as we couldn't be back by noon when we needed to meet Wes and Shirley at the clubhouse to set up the couple's golf.  

With our plans changed, John headed off to the post office for the mail and stamps and a quick stop at the local grocery store for a couple of items we needed.  I decided this was a good time to tackle the job of writing our annual Christmas letter and getting the cards started.  With an hour of uninterrupted time, I got the letter completed and most of the envelopes addressed.

After lunch we headed down to the clubhouse where we met up with Camfield's and got the couples' golf entries set up.  We were pretty busy for the next half hour or so as folks came in to pay their money and pick a number for their starting hole.  Once everyone was out on the course, John and I came home to wait for the rounds to get over.  While I was on the computer, Amy Skyped me so we spent the next hour visiting and catching up.  Then it was back to the clubhouse to check scores, determine the winners, and hand out the cash prizes.  

John headed out to play a couple of holes of golf before supper while I worked on the Christmas cards again.  This evening John listened to Sam's basketball game on the computer while I watched a couple of my favorite shows.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...