Monday, December 3, 2012

Our day started off overcast with a light mist.  John walked the golf course this morning and was a little damp when he returned home.

A little after 8 a.m. he called the doctor's office to find out his blood test results and to make an appointment for me.  He was able to get a mid-morning appointment and found he would learn his lab results at the office.  Following showers, we hit the road to Uvalde where we arrived about 15 minutes early for my appointment.  After filling out some paper work, we both went right in--no waiting at all.  The doctor listened as I told her my symptoms, did a little testing of reflexes, and decided the first course of treatment was to take steroids for six days to bring down swelling and inflammation of the nerves.  If I don't improve over the next couple of days, I'm to call her and she'll decide the next course of action; otherwise, I'm to see her in two weeks.  I have been banned from golf until she gives me the okay to play again. BUMMER!!

Next John got to hear about his blood test results.  Seems his cholesterol has gone up some since his physical in August, so the doctor wants to put him on a very low dose cholesterol med.  All his other results were well within the normal range.  With prescriptions in hand, we drove to Wal Mart where John ran in and dropped them off.  Since it was now a little after twelve, we hit Wendy's for some lunch and to wait for a call from Wal Mart telling us we could pick up the meds.  

When we returned home, I took the first dose of steroids.  I really hate taking them as they make me hyper and I have a difficult time sleeping.  The doc told me those were some of the side effects, but I'll deal with that so long as it decreases the pain level and I can get around.  I told John to imagine your worst charlie horse pain and double it--that's what I've been dealing with.  Hopefully, the steroids will kick in soon and I'll get some relief.  

Late this afternoon John headed to the driving range to get some practice in and to work on his drive.  Since I can't play in couples on Thursday, I'm trying to talk him into playing with someone else.  I can help run the round, but I can't play even if I am pain free.  Our evening was a pretty quiet one spent watching some TV and working on the computer. 

 

   

1 comment:

  1. hate hearing your having so much pain, that is terible! Sure hope you get relief soon! Darlene E.

    ReplyDelete

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...