Wednesday, December 12, 2012

We were a little warmer today with the temps reaching into the low 60's.  John took his usual morning walk and after breakfast headed down to the clubhouse for men's golf.  Due to the colder temps, only seven guys showed up to play. They split into two teams with John's team winning once again with a score of three under par.

While John was gone I managed to get a load of towels started and did a little straightening up.  The pain is not as intense so I can stand for longer periods of time and get a few chores done. 

 After lunch, John wanted to go back out for some more golf and I decided to go along and get some fresh air.  I also wanted to try filming his golf swing with my new camera.  We started on hole three and played through to eight and then went back on three again. There we ran into Charles and Bob.  They asked John to join them so he played the same holes again.  When they headed across the street to play nine, John stopped and left me off and I just walked across the lawn and into the house.  It was time for a pain pill and I wanted to keep on schedule for taking them.  Since we had our first frost the other evening, the mesquite trees are fading fast and dropping their thin little leaves.  We are seeing the Texas fall colors now--they aren't the vibrant colors we get up north.




 
We spent a quiet evening watching Survivor and a couple of other shows before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...