Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The colder weather continued today with the highs reaching the low 50's.  The temperature was below freezing this morning so John had to dig out a winter cap and gloves.  I know, we've turned into a couple of cold weather sissies. 

Matt sent a text this morning asking us to Skype, so we visited with him for a while over the computer.  It's so cold up north right now that he hasn't been able to work for the past couple of days.  I spent some time working on the computer and got my 2013calendar completed and ordered.  We were just getting ready for lunch when Ralph R. stopped in for a visit.  It's always fun talking with Ralph and hearing his stories about his time in the Air Force.  

After lunch, John headed off to the clubhouse where he met up with John B. and Mark L. for 18 holes of golf.  John said he played pretty good today and is encouraged about how his game is improving.  While he was gone, I did some reading and watched another Downton Abby episode on my Kindle.  

The doctor's office called this afternoon to check up on how I'm doing.  The new pain meds are definitely helping and I've been able to be up and around a little more.  I have an appointment on Friday morning, so I'm hoping she'll come up with a plan of action when I see her.    Following supper John and I made a batch of sugar cookies for giveing out as Christmas treats and then spent the rest of the evening watching some TV before calling it a night. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roofing Being Done Everywhere!!

John and I have been keeping pretty busy over these last several weeks.  Our weather has turned quite warm, but the nights cool down very ni...